The Beekman Group is a leading private equity firm dedicated to partnering with management teams to grow companies into market leading businesses. Beekman manages approximately $500 million of capital and has access to additional capital through strategic co-investment relationships.
The Beekman team consists of experienced private equity professionals, as well as a select group of Industry Operating Advisors who are leading executives in our targeted industry segments. Our Industry Advisor approach to investing is the cornerstone of our investment strategy – bringing financial and operational resources to lower middle market companies in order to accelerate growth and create value for all shareholders.
We focus on lower middle market investments in service-related sectors including healthcare services, consumer services, and business services. We partner with management teams who desire to be significant owners and create meaningful value by accelerating organic and acquisition growth initiatives. We employ a unique approach to implementing a value creation roadmap for each investment, as demonstrated by our proven track record of success, extensive experience, and 25-year reputation.
Beekman is named after the Beekman area of New York City – a small, yet storied neighborhood located in midtown Manhattan. Situated on the East River, north of the United Nations and east of Grand Central Station, Beekman sits at the gateway to NYC’s commercial and cultural centers. Smaller and below the profile of surrounding neighborhoods, Beekman nonetheless provides access to the best NY has to offer—from the sophistication of Park Avenue to the energy of Times Square and Rockefeller Center.
By design, Beekman is a firm that serves as a gateway to the best of private equity acumen. By bringing capital resources and experience from leading institutions, deep industry relationships and a proven track record of successful investing, Beekman seeks to support lower middle-market companies that, although small in size and profile, are ready, capable, and driven to operate with the professionalism and sophistication of world-class industry leaders.
In partnership with management, Beekman utilizes resources, both financial and human, to assist companies along the path from being small and “below the radar” to operating as and becoming leaders in their markets. Our companies in the aggregate have grown revenues almost eightfold during Beekman ownership from approximately $350 million to over $2.5 billion.
Beekman is proud of its mission statement and believes in the importance of clear objectives and core values to drive results-based leadership. We encourage all of our portfolio management teams to visibly display their unique mission statements just as we do with ours in our New York City office entry.
We create Long-Term Value for our Limited Partners through the Identification, Acquisition and Building of Great Businesses in Partnership with Management.
- Treat our Limited Partners with respect and transparency
- Be true partners with our management teams
- Act with high integrity in the long-term interests of Beekman and its stakeholders
- Build strong and sustainable operating businesses
- Work smart and have fun!
- Defensible market positions, sustainable cash flows and high returns on capital
- Strong operating management team with meaningful equity ownership or desire to have a meaningful stake
- Revenues between $10 - $200 million
- Control-oriented transactions with values between $10 - $200 million
- Lead or co-lead investments in special situations alongside select equity partners in larger transactions
- TBG investment / equity size between $10 - $75 million (additional co-investment capital available)
- Business Services: Alarm and Security, Aviation, Business Process Outsourcing, Distribution Services, Education and Training , Financial Tech Services, Insurance / Financial Services, Maintenance Parts and Services, Manufacturing Services, Media and Out-Of-Home Advertising, Test / Measurement and Compliance Services
- Consumer Services: Food / Consumer Package Goods, Franchise Models, Health and Wellness, Leisure and Entertainment, Luxury Retail, Pet Value Chain, Restaurants / Food Service
- Healthcare Services: Dental, Dermatology, Diagnostics and Monitoring, ER and Urgent Care, Eye care, Hospital Outsourcing, Physical Therapy
- Sale, recapitalizations and management buyouts of privately held companies
- Industry consolidations and platform buy and build transactions
- Capital infusions to finance growth, expansion opportunities and acquisitions
- Special situations transactions
- Distressed opportunities requiring financial restructuring
- Divestitures of non-core divisions of larger corporations